Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hey! That Was Mine!

One time I had a discussion with some fellow film majors about how, even though regular people die tragically every day, the world would probably be more upset if somebody were to bomb, say, the Oscars.  Who would be in movies?  What kind of people would we obsess over?  I know, it's a sad thought. (There are two thoughts I could be referring to.  Although it would be sad if every actor was killed, it's also sad that the world might care more about that than the people already dying.)  BUT what came out of this discussion was an idea.  What would the world do if all the actors died?

I didn't develop the idea a whole lot, but I did get to the point where I thought it might make an interesting movie in one way or another.

Except then I saw a trailer for a movie called "This Is The End" and now I'm feeling like somebody ripped-off my brain.  Only I could have done it better.  Probably not, but I still get the feeling they're not doing it right:

don't even watch the link I included just now

It's not like this is the first time this has happened.  I got the same feeling when I first heard "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay, although that may have just been Deja Vu or the fact that they ripped off some other song.

One time I had an idea for a movie where a team goes together into a man's dream, where they go into another dream and another dream, and at the end it's unclear whether they're still in a dream or not.  Also Joseph Gordon-Levitt was there.

I didn't think of that.

One time I had this super hilarious idea that was so incredibly funny, I had to write it down so I would never forget it.  I wrote down "red box ninja" and now I don't know what it means.  I do know, however, that this doesn't have anything to do with my red box theory.  I have this theory that some day in the near future, red boxes are going to sprout arms and legs and machine guns and take over the world.  It wouldn't even be that hard!  I mean, they're EVERYWHERE!!

If anyone steals this idea and makes it into a movie or a short story I will give up on life.  And love.

One time I built a snowman.  His name was Petey, and this doesn't have much to do with stealing ideas, except for that what happened to Petey explains how I feel inside.

 Literally one hour later


Also one time I felt like going to Denny's and then all of a sudden my friend was like, "Let's go to Denny's!"  Needless to say, I got offended and this person is no longer my friend.

I suppose I shouldn't be too bitter.  I've probably inadvertently stolen someone else's idea before.  It's not like being uncomfortably awkward was an original idea.  But here I sit, living someone else's idea.  I wonder if this person feels like Petey.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be writing a research paper about Tina Fey right now.  Which is actually pretty awesome but it's still a research paper.


Here's an incredibly beautiful arrangement of one of my all-time favorite songs by my favorite band Bastille, which was started by Dan Smith who has great hair.



1 comment:

  1. 1) i feel like my ideas get ripped off all the time. once i had the idea that wes anderson should direct the new star wars movies as a joke.. and then conan came out with a "what if wes anderson directed star wars" sketch like three days later.
    2) that is my favorite arrangement of flaws and i'm still obsessed with dan smith's hair.

    ReplyDelete