Wednesday, December 3, 2014

1 Thing a Person Can Do to TRULY Be More Attractive

Disclaimer: I am biased. I am a nobody.

As I sit here examining the dark, thick hair on my arms, wearing my push-up bra, and binging on Netflix, I'm reminded of the one thing a man (or woman) can do to TRULY be more attractive.

1. Don't make a list of attributes for a person that does not exist. Instead, try getting to know a person and then learn to love them.

If you get to know a person and it doesn't work out, then awesome. Move on.

But don't go around trying to fill the mold of ideals that you think will make you happy. Because we don't know as much as we think we do.

I'm not trying to make excuses for selfish (or abusive) people that won't change. I just think that everyone should start things with an open mind and few expectations. You might will be surprised.

I'm not wise, but if I've learned two things in my young life, it's that people are never what they seem, and I am often wrong.

I've learned (the hard way) that people change your mind.

I've learned that the people who admit their mistakes are often the best people I know.

I've learned that, even when we're not pretending to be perfect, we're pretending that we're fine with it. It's ok to feel broken.

I've learned that I'm still learning.

It's ok to look for a kind, charitable, interesting person. But this isn't a thing that people need to be made aware of. Everyone is already trying to find/be a good person. Kindness isn't something that belongs on a list with something like "remove your disgusting and totally natural/normal body hair even though it's not really something you can control."

I could make a specific list of things I find attractive. But you know what? That changes as I get to know people. It really, really does. My list from 5 years ago would definitely not be my list now.

And that's normal. Because guess what, even if you found a person that completely embodies every item on your list, they aren't going to be that way forever. People change. People improve. They improve in ways you didn't know were possible or desirable.

5 comments: