Thursday, July 18, 2013

If Weeeeeeeeeeeee Were a Movie

Recently I've been thinking more than usual about life, love, the universe, and bacon.  Because I've suddenly got time for that sort of thing.  Lots and lots of time.  Alone time.


Luckily, I'm good at entertaining myself.

I'm also pretty comfortable with who I am.  I like myself.  That isn't to say I don't have insecurities, because, golly, I do.  But I think I have what is at least a somewhat healthy self-image.  BUT I've been trying to figure out who I would be and/or how I would act if I were put into certain situations.  And in this instance, by situations I mean movie genre.

Here's a little mood music to get you through the rest of the post:




Hey, don't judge.  I know you all know every single word to this song.

If I was in a ROMANTIC COMEDY, I'd be the weird, quirky friend of the strong, likable female lead that ends up with the awkward best friend of the main romantic interest.  There would be a scene where we both either discover our mutual love for Adventure Time or run into each other at a Huey Lewis concert wearing identical T-shirts.  That short scene would be the extent of the basis of our relationship, because everyone would rather watch ridiculously good looking people fall in love.


This is me, in character and holding a bone.
If you looked closely at the back cover of the DVD case, you'd see a tiny picture of me.

If I was in a DRAMA, I'd be a background extra.


But I would ROCK IT. 

If I was in HORROR film, I'd be the person that still dies, but dies last because I'm far too trusting of the all-too-obvious psychopathic serial killer.  I would have met him at the cozy diner of the backwoods-y town of Why-Is-Anyone-Living-Here-Ville and accepted his invitation to check out the china cabinet collection in the backyard of his secluded, abandoned RV park.


Yep, he's definitely a killer.
That's my "I'm about to die" face.

If I was in an ACTION flick, I'd be that ridiculously annoying girl that can't do anything but was forced into the action when she accidentally got on the wrong bus in Chinatown.  Literally everyone would hate my character, and the director would think back and wonder why I was ever in the film at all, because it definitely wasn't for sexual appeal.  There would be a scene where I happen into the enemy's hideout and am captured while trying to find a place to pee in the woods.


There's also a part where they give me a gun and then regret it.


If I was in a MUSICAL, I.....
I would not be in a musical.


Well, maybe.




Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, I think I need some new hobbies or something.  Maybe I'll start panning for gold or playing the harmonica.  Both are viable options.  In the mean time, I think I'll stick to playing my GameBoy Advance that I FINALLY decided to bring to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment