Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2,000 Nickels = $100

If I had a nickel for every time somebody told me I looked like a celebrity, I'd probably have about $100 in nickels.

Ok, maybe that's just a guesstimate, but in all seriousness, people tell me that almost every other day.  Strangers, mostly.  People I barely know.  People I'm meeting.  People I know very well but who happen to be watching a TV show with my doppleganger in it.  Family members I haven't seen in a long time.  First dates.  Strangers at the crosswalk.  Dental hygienists.  The point is, I get it a lot.


There are three that I get most often:


1.  Mila Kunis


2.  Selena Gomez


3.  Lucy Hale

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am in no way complaining about these comments.  Have you SEEN these women?  They're gorgeous!  Mila Kunis was voted the Sexiest Woman Alive in 2012, so I literally have nothing that I could possibly complain about.  I'm completely and totally flattered every time I get one of these comments.

There's a but.

I might vaguely resemble some movie stars (emphasis on the word "vaguely"), and maybe I've learned how to correctly wash my hair and apply makeup and pluck my eyebrows, but all this means is that some people have unrealistic expectations.

Sometimes people expect me to be super talented in one way or another, and they always end up disappointed.  Also, a few people are completely flabbergasted when I tell them I'm single.  "You could probably marry anyone you wanted to at any time, couldn't you," say the almost-old ladies at church.  "You probably have plenty of guys chasing after you," say grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and neighbors.

Historically, there have been a few guys who were initially attracted to me for some reason, and then I started talking and messed everything up.  There are two reasons for this:

1.  I make really weird faces when I talk and I use my hands much too much.
2.  They have to listen to what I'm actually talking about.

A lot of people don't realize that on the inside, I'm still this awkward person:


Yes, this is really 13-year-old me.
(Keep in mind that this picture was taken 
long before wearing adult-sized footy pajamas
 was considered ironic, funny, or cool in any way.)

I'm actually still this person on the outside, usually.


There's not really a huge point I'm trying to make here, I'm mostly just babbling to myself on the internet.  There is one thing that's clear, however.  If the movie "Oz" is at all popular in one way or another, I know what I'm going to be for Halloween:


1 comment:

  1. you do look like all three of them except like 10x more ADORABLE. and that would be an awesome halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete